A recent study has found that packing up the old house with all its memories, was the least enjoyable part of moving to a new house. Once the pack up is done, the stress leading up to moving day itself can be a strain but amazingly 24% also found out (too late) that the previous owners had not finished moving out!
If you are due to move to a new house and are concerned about the impending upheaval, then it will not surprise you to hear that one in eight movers suffered a sleepless night ahead of their move.
The study found that it took an average of four nights before new homeowners got proper restful night sleep in their new home.
Wardrobes were nominated the single worst item to move from one house to another, followed by sofas and delicate items like vases or mirrors. The greatest concerns identified in the study were:
1. Damaged furniture.
2. Scratched walls.
3. Not being able to fit an item through the door.
4. Not being able to manoeuvre furniture up/down the stairs.
5. Not being able to manoeuvre furniture around a corner.
How to reduce the stress of moving house and what can you do to avoid it.
The secret to minimising stress when moving home is to make the process as simple as possible and having the support of people you can rely on can make the difference.
- Do not get Stressed: Accept that this is a big undertaking. Do not underestimate the work and understand that there will be a level of stress.
- Bring in the Pros: Unless the move is very small, this is not a DIY job. This is a job for the professionals, experienced in doing this. If you work with people you can trust, they will destress the process for you.
- Start Boxing: Ensure you have enough storage boxes and have various sizes. Make sure that you use bubble wrap on your fragile items and if you are organised, label boxes by room or even colour code your boxes with labels. Always make sure to do an essentials box for precious items like Jewellery and the TV remote control!
- Spring Clean: If you can do a clear out in advance, this will save you time and energy on the moving day. It can also be very therapeutic!
How Can we Help?
At Barons Self Storage, we can help you make the move easy and stress-free with a range of safe and flexible storage options suited to your individual needs.
With 18 years’ experience in the Irish market, you can rest assured that the safety and the security of your belongings is our top priority. Whether you have a whole house of furniture or just a few bulky items you need out of the way while you are moving, let our team of onsite storage professionals give you a quick, practical, and cost-effective solution.
You can use our storage facilities, our van and even our purchase our range of packaging products to help with your move.
For home movers, we offer:
- Fully heated facility, so your furniture is kept safe, dry & secure.
- Free move in truck and driver available to help you with the move.
- Range of packaging options on site including boxes and bubble wrap.
Get in touch
Contact us today in Galway and Limerick to see how we can help your business get through these turbulent times. Our team is experienced in dealing with your storage problems and we can develop a low-cost plan to suit.
We are currently offering new customers in Limerick 50% off for the first 4 weeks on any size storage unit. Contact us on 091 771325 (Galway) or 061 577 700 (Limerick).